Recent Posts

Friday, August 12, 2011

Favorites: L - Lush shampoo and conditioner!

As a burgeoning vegan, I've been on the hunt for cosmetics and beauty supplies that don't test on animals, and, incidentally, are vegan. And I ran into Lush! Lush and I first began our amorous love affair in June of 2010; I was in Santa Monica on the West Coast, and as I was walking around the promenade I walked into Lush because it looked so hip and cool!

The first thing I bought was the honeycomb bar soap, called honey waffle. It smells really, really nice, and you have to follow up with a moisturizer after, as with most natural soaps, but the smell is to die for.
Then, this year, I started getting on with Lush, again, as they have a small counter here in Shinsegae, the big, big department store here in Seoul. I fell in love with two products:
American Cream conditioner. Not vegan, unfortunately (even though Lush swears that they don't test on animals, so it's one small sacrifice I'm willing to make), but by golly, the smell! Vanilla, strawberries, honey... And it makes my hair super, super soft. 
AND
Rehab shampoo. It's fruity and it cleans my hair like none other - not going to lie, I have some pretty bad hair after a few days without washing. It smells like, obviously, papaya and kiwi, but also some surprising other factors: jojoba and olive oil for conditioning. AND, it's 100% vegan. So much love! 

Look into more of Lush's amazing products - the bath bombs are to die for, the moisturizing bars are lovely, and this bottled body wash called flying fox is perfect for fall and winter. I'm also dying to try their face masks - tell me if anyone gets the pleasure! :) 
xo
L


1 comments:

BethanyxAlice said...

I bought American Cream today :) It's just not Vegan because of the Honey in it x

Post a Comment