Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Day in the Life of L

L. 
So the idea was that today I'd take an outfit of the day (OFTD) picture - but I had to cram a little bit for a latin quiz, and that never happened.
SO, instead, here's a little copy of my daily schedule - give or take the classes:
6:45 - wake up; Andie's alarm usually doesn't wake me up the first time, but it still goes off.
7:00 - actually crawl out of  bed, snap open my shades - admire the... gray clouds? Ah, spring in New England IS actually rainy. Open my computer, check Facebook for a little bit before I glance at the clock and realize it's way too late!
7:20 - I'm showered, dressed, teeth brushed and face washed. I usually don't bother to put makeup on - the joys of an all girl's school, but if the weather's nice I'll  put some effort into actually dressing well. (You'll find some more on dressing in a few days - I promise.) Off to breakfast if my bag's packed - I usually stash it downstairs in Red Hall on my way to breakfast.
7:35 - The bell rings for assembly; every morning for breakfast I have a bowl of cereal and a banana or orange, and a cup of juice. I love the muffins here - they're actually pretty terrible for you, so I try to stay away from them, except on Wednesdays, when they make banana chocolate chip. To die for.
7:53 - Assembly's just finished; we go over the daily announcements, and people stand up and say things like times for club meetings, stuff like that. I head to first period if I have a class, and if not I'll go back to my room and do a little homework for the next day.
10:00 - The bell rings for break! I've just had 3 classes, give or take my frees; they provide snack and we've got 15 minutes to relax and switch out books and bags.
11:55 - The bell rings for lunch! I've had two classes - one that's 40 minutes, one that's 60 - and we all head down to lunch. The food's usually pretty decent - somehow they make it all look so appetizing though, and not in a good way. I usually stick to a good amount of salad and I absolutely adore it when they have grilled chicken breasts.
1:17 - I'm out of classes for the day! I'm free until 2:10, and that's when I have Elements of Art, which is just a basic arts class. Right now I'm doing a monochromatic bike painting, and photos are being developed for our own self portraits which are to be done with pencils and value scales.
2:10 - Arts until 3:30!
3:30 - I run three or four miles; I run cross country in the fall and swim in the winter, so spring's my free sport. I would row if it was offered, but since it's not, I do independent running with a few other girls. I love having some free time.
5:30 - Dinner time! The food quality generally decreases by spring term, so any time I can get out to a day student's house for dinner I do and any time I can order is a plus too.
7:10 - Study hall starts; it's held in a huge room with all the other sophomores and freshman. I try to keep it to  only two other subjects worth of homework to do, so I can devote 50 minutes to each. Maybe I'm a bit too studious, but I definitely feel like it works. As long as I can stay off Skype, I'm set. Also, at 7 Facebook turns off, so there's zero distraction.
9:00 - Study hall's out, and we all rush to the dorm parent's apartment for some snacks. My dorm parent makes a killer mexican dip with cream cheese, salsa and cheese, thrown into an oven until it's bubbling hot and delicious. Eaten with tortilla chips, it's enough to fight over. And we definitely do.
10:00 - I've been skyping with friends and getting ready for bed, so by 10 I'm checked in and usually in my room, finishing up conversations or surfing Flickr.
10:30 - Lights out! In room was 10:15; my proctor comes in and says goodnights, and usually we chat a little bit before she shuts the door and I continue my phone conversation! I'll talk on the phone until around 10:45, and I'm asleep every night by 11. Even though I get 8 hours of sleep, it always feels like it's never enough.
And then the day starts all over again. It's jam packed - especially in winter term, when I have night practice from 7 to 9:30 - but now I don't know what to do with myself when I've got no schedule!
Back to study hall!
x

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this! most definitely promoting xx

Post a Comment